It seems that you have thought about your online business. However, what surprises me is his “win almost immediately” statement. What do need to do to start an online business?
Of course, you can achieve that: YES AND ONLY IF you have previously marketed your site. It means that your target market is aware that your site will be launched, so you are ready to go there and place an order as soon as you have launched it.
One of the realities of the Web is that there is no truth in what they say “If you build it, they will come.” They do not; unless you are extremely proactive in your marketing. But expecting people to congregate on your site as soon as you start it if you didn’t do a previous marketing is nothing but a silly hope. It just doesn’t happen that way. On the one hand, search engines take time to pick up your site; And it even takes longer for your site to be in the top 10 of your keywords.
This article that I found very useful is “7 steps to the successful development of the website”
What do need to do to start an online business? How it takes you to all the decision steps you need to take when starting an online business. Like any other business, the start period is full of questions “should I do this” or “should do that”. The article is useful because it helps you think every step of the way, from why you want a website, who your audience is, how you will create your website and how you will market your new website.
These are the steps you should follow when creating your online business:
STEP 1: Set your goals: why do you want a website? What is the size of the online market? What are the objectives of your website?
STEP 2: Develop your website strategy: who is the target audience of your website? What typically attracts your target audience? How are the other websites (your competition) reaching this target audience? How will you measure your performance?
STEP 3: Configuration implementation plans: what name will you give your site? How do you imagine the design of your website? How will you create your website? How are you going to create your content? How will you maintain your website?
STEP 4: Start rolling the ball: do you have a logo? For electronic retailers, do you have the critical components necessary to run an e-commerce site? How are you going to host your site?
STEP 5: Create and start your website: have you uploaded your site with your chosen web host? Do the scripts and the application you need for your website work well? Have you tried your website?
STEP 6: Promote your website and measure your results: do you have a plan to market your website? Do you regularly check your traffic logs and website performance tracker? How are you going to get the sites to link you? Do you know the search engine keywords that rank well? If your site is not visible on the search engine results pages for your keywords, what strategies do you plan to do?
STEP 7: Maintain your website and grow your web business: Continue looking for ways to grow your web business. How do you plan to continue your web development education?
What do need to do to start an online business? Here are some very small marketing ideas that can help you get the visitors you need at the lowest possible cost:
1. Create the best content with the best products you can offer. Your content is your best advertisement: If visitors love your content, they will come back and spread the word to others.
2. Make it easy for users to recommend your site. Viral marketing is very important and easy to leverage on the web. But give tools to your users. Get a script. And similar script directories. Some even encourage those who recommend the site to their friends. If only 10 people visit your site, but these 10 people invite 10 more, then this is additional traffic you get for free!
3. Rank well in search engines (organic search results, not pay per click). SEs can be a major source of traffic. The key is to create the best content in your niche. If you have good content, other websites will gladly link to you and offer your site as a resource to your audience. Check the factors on the page and make sure to connect to authority sites in your subject area.
If you are going to read just one piece about search engine optimization, I suggest you read the Brett Tech of “Successful site with 12 months in Google: 26 steps per day for only 15k”.
4. Send press release. While teams charge up to $ 650 per launch, there are places to send free press releases on the web. Press releases allow you to (a) attract media attention; (B) Get more links to your website without sending an email request to each website; And (c) get more visibility, especially if your press release appears in Google News or Yahoo News. My website (see my profile) accepts free distribution of press releases (no condition!)
5. Send the article. Write articles and send them to websites that accept presentations from authors. You get exposure for your business; This establishes you as an authority in your area and allows you to get backlinks for your website. If 50 websites publish your article and there is a link on your website, you will easily get 50 links from one article. The more links you have, the greater your chances of increasing your search engine ranking.
6. Improve your conversion. Visiting visitors is one thing; Getting them to buy your products is a completely different story.